Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Stray Goat has Given Birth to Horse Foals  (Read 1040 times)

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Stray Goat has Given Birth to Horse Foals
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:30:46 am »

So I'm digging out my new trade depot and gate at the very upper levels of the first cave layer, when I see this message pop up.

Now, this causes me to pause for obvious reasons and check things out.  The newly born goat baby, and the ones that were spawned before I noticed, all show the correct graphic, a red g.  Checking on them in the cages shows that I have horse foals in with the tame goats.  Checking the description yields this.

For the sake of comparison, here is the mother from the same cage.

So far the goats are the only case of this happening.  My horses haven't started breeding yet, cats are spitting out kittens faster than my butchers can harvest them, and my elephants and eagles aren't tame yet so they aren't spawning little buggers themselves.

Trying to get someone to butcher them to see what they produce, but I have run out of time for now.  Will try and update with the results later.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Stray Goat has Given Birth to Horse Foals
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »

Decided to poke around the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Stray Goat has Given Birth to Horse Foals
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:42:00 pm »

The copy and paste gremlins strike again!

On the plus side though, I reckon a gigantic white goat that gives birth to horse foals is a sure sign of a blessing from Armok.  :)