Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mortal Wound message given wrongly  (Read 636 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mortal Wound message given wrongly
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »

A miner hit me in the chest with a pick, and the majority of the blow was absorbed by my armor. However, my heart was "bruised" and I recieved the mortal wound status.

However, I do not appear to be bleeding, and since after recieving the status I proceeded to kill a few dozen more and spend a hundred rounds strangling the goblin general to death (It took an inordinately long time, I think)
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Wound message given wrongly
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:50:17 pm »

Okay, went to the nearest town, chatted with the warlord, realized I'd gotten to take any trophies, returned to the goblin tower and began looting. Got attacked by numerous enemies, slaughtered them all without taking a scratch. (This is probably a bug too, if I "Just made this guy" adventurer can avoid death so easily)

Then I got hit by a hammerman and pikeman. I bash them over and over, but their tough armor makes it take awhile. One starts crawling away while I bash the other. Eventually I kill him and go after the crawling guy.

I'm holding down the <- key and pounding away when suddenly I bleed to death.

Up until then, the only wound I was aware of was that my toe was mangled.

According to the description of my corpse "She is not tall but incredibly muscled. Her upper body is missing"

I check the combat log; no injuries since I looted the swordsmen.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

The_Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:03:48 pm »

According to the description of my corpse "She is not tall but incredibly muscled. Her upper body is missing"

Well, if her upper body is missing, I can understand why "She is not tall". ;)

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »

I noticed that one in arena mode once.
I was fooling around jumping with possed creatures from that bridge on the upper right corner.
Most creatures died on impact (as on would expect) but one dwarf survied the 4 or so z level drop.
I got mortal wound flashing on my and thought, lets see how long he lasts. So I press 5 a number of times. Nothing happend. I keep 5 pressed for ~20 secs. Still nothing. So I decide it is save to stand up again. I keeped walking around and jumped a few times more. 2 times the longest drop and 5 times 'only' the short 1 zlevel drop. After each drop I trailed blood for a short time but thats it. I drowned him after a time  :D
Didnt check his wounds a single time though.