Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cancel kill order - go take a break from the fight or just escape entire.  (Read 537 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed this after I set my dwarves en masse to battle a zombie mole that had cornered a few, I drafted everyone and dwarfpiled it with a kill order and hoped.  Nope, it wasn't dying, course.  Neither were dwarves, nice.  Yet.  Thirst, hunger, tiredness....

I reopened the military screen and there it was at the top.  c for Cancel kill order.  Worked well, all the fighting dwarves scattered as civilians, fanned out and got away from the very beaten and now slower zombie, and headed off to tend their respective needs.  Course, I sent them back down after they had rested and whatnot, and -then- the zombie started killing them.  Somehow.  Dunno why, wasn't before!

Posting just in case this is new info for anyone, I am still seeing threads about military fighting unto starvation and such.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed this after I set my dwarves en masse to battle a zombie mole that had cornered a few, I drafted everyone and dwarfpiled it with a kill order and hoped.  Nope, it wasn't dying, course.  Neither were dwarves, nice.  Yet.  Thirst, hunger, tiredness....

I reopened the military screen and there it was at the top.  c for Cancel kill order.  Worked well, all the fighting dwarves scattered as civilians, fanned out and got away from the very beaten and now slower zombie, and headed off to tend their respective needs.  Course, I sent them back down after they had rested and whatnot, and -then- the zombie started killing them.  Somehow.  Dunno why, wasn't before!

Posting just in case this is new info for anyone, I am still seeing threads about military fighting unto starvation and such.

Thanks for the update.

I'm guessing the reason the zombie was being bad at it's job is because 98239747 dwarves had it dogpiled and it's limbs restrained. Just a guess.