Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No forgotten beasts in legends (or, flame attacks ignored)  (Read 682 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
No forgotten beasts in legends (or, flame attacks ignored)
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:03:57 am »

I guess it's appropriate because they're forgotten, but I kinda don't think this is the expected behavior:

I had some horrifying thing made of a blob of fire in a shell show up in my fortress.  I knocked its shell off pretty fast, but it murdered my ~60 dwarves with lots of ease.  When I looked up the legends mode, that forgotten beast didn't show up at all.

Instead, a lot of its kills were attributed to other things.  Such as like five kills by a cave alligator (who didn't kill anyone), and one to a mountain goat (ditto).  Everyone in this case supposedly bled to death.  I'm guessing that the mountain goat was the last thing that guy took damage from before the legendary beast.

Now, the forgotten beast's main attack was a fire attack. He didn't engage things directly, he just blew fire at them until they roasted and melted and bled to death.  So I'm guessing that fire breath doesn't assign kill credit to the megabeast, which is a serious shame, because he deserves the credit for all those kills.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No forgotten beasts in legends (or, flame attacks ignored)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:51 am »

exact same thing with my winged glob of fire FB
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.