Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never mind, problem solved, move along :P  (Read 635 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Never mind, problem solved, move along :P
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:52:57 am »

With the new version coming out I decided to put together a nice worlgen parameter set. Spend some time getting some nice geography to form, but when I was finaly satisfied and tried to have it generate and actual world, it just rejected infinitelly.

Most of its rejections are the earlier ones its suppost to do, but later in the worlgen, when it tries to place civilisations, it rejects as well. Now that it isnt suppost to, but it does it each and every time.
The rejection log spat out this: 'The World of Winds, region3: No controllable entity definitions available'
Or when I turned off controllable civ requirement, this: 'The Everlasting Realms, region3: Not enough entity placement locations'

And its only got to place 1 civ in the entire world. And there should be enough room for at least 20 civs. I succesfully genned some earlier worlds to check out legends mode (which turned out to be quite hilarious), but setting things back to the way it was then didnt work. Nor did removing caves, rivers, evil/good, volcanoes and titants. Its also not a corruption in my raws, other worlgen params still work fine.

So, can you fellow bay watchers spot something I missed all along in this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or should I go and report this as a bug?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:36:18 am by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problematic worldgen
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:13:02 am »

I think I had a similar problem in civ forge in 40d; try to reduce the minimum savagery, as I don't think civilizations will spawn in untamed wilds or other savage biomes. You need a decent mix of calm and extreme wilderness areas to get enough playable civs
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:16:56 am by Ampoliros »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Problematic worldgen
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:25:04 am »

... *plants palm in face*

I dont recall setting that minimun to 100 at all, how silly. Maybe I preressed <- while having it selected by accident.

This is why a second pair of eyes can be so useful I guess, I looked right over that so many times.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!