Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bone/shell/skull stockpile?  (Read 5358 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bone/shell/skull stockpile?
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:26:08 am »

Okay. I know the dwarves are bringing shells and bones to a refuse stockpile; what I can't see is the setting that controls it.

Is that "remains"? Before I turn it on, I want to be sure it won't bring small-animal "remains" as their corpses were in prior versions; this is for an indoor stockpile by my craftsdwarf workshops, so I don't want it stinking up the place.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Garky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bone/shell/skull stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:30:31 am »

Personally I do 2 refuse piles: one for real trash, with bones and shells turned off, and one for the stuff I want to keep, with everything but bones and shells turned off. Dwarves take bodies to the trash pile, stuff rots until only bones are left, then dwarves grab the bones and take them to the bone/shell stockpile since they're not allowed in the trash pile.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:36 am »

Yes, I know. That's exactly what I'm trying to set up here, but with the new version, there are no longer options in the stockpile menu for bone, shell, and skull. I'm wondering if they've been filed under some other name that still allows them to be put somewhere separate from things that will rot, or not.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:39:34 am »

I can't find the toggle for bones and shells anywhere. I tried remains and they moved all sorts of assorted "parts" into the pile.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:44:58 am »

You can't.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:08 am »

Bones and Shells = body parts now. Switch everything off except body parts, optionally of only the species you're interested in.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.