Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales of The Praised Blockade, Dwarves of the Outpost Jawsword (minor spoilers)  (Read 1298 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

As it stands, ToadyOne has been silent on the topic of changes made to HFS for the new versions.  Personally, I'm absolutely thrilled about this, I'm rather looking forward to discovering the stuff myself.  I started a fortress a few moments ago, and immediately after the game started there was a cavern collapse deep underground.  So far as I could remember, I didn't tell it to put caverns that deep in world gen, but I didn't really think much of it at the time.  A few moments later I was rechecking the supplies I brought and planning the entrance to the fortress, when I noticed a red number next to the "weapons" in the stock menu.  An adamantine scimitar, deep underground, at almost exactly the same point the cavern collapsed at.  I know well enough from the experiences with HFS in 40D not to dig immediately to it to find out what is down there, but I'm going to be working towards it, and figured this was as good a time as any to try keeping a log of events.  The first log is below, but I'm open to suggestions, or oppinions of if this is or is not a good idea.  Obviously, all updates will be in spoiler tags, just in case, and if/when I finally do uncover whatever is down there, I'll make sure to mark any updates that mention in in big, bold red letters or something.  Oh, and please no spoilers, I would like to discover this stuff for myself, otherwise I'd read the wiki, since I'm sure someone else has already figured it out and posted something.

[EDIT]: And yes, the leader is actually named Urist, and it was completely unintentional... which figures, because she's is probably the single worst leader I could have picked: "...an iffy memory, poor analytical abilities, and a shortage of patience..." :P

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:39:38 am by timmeh »
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile

Well, I'm sure everyone reading this knows what you're up against, but I'm interested in someone doing a blind run of the new... features. You may want to move it to Community Games and Stories though, you can do it yourself if you hit the Move button at the bottom of the page (or somewhere on the page, anyhow).

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Good point, my mistake.  Thanks!
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile

I eagerly await the discovery of the new HFS, as I've been too cowardly to dig that deep. I've seen parts of it in adv. mode, though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Hehehehe... I sense Fun...

Check your rooms/buildings menu ("R"). Is there anything special there?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Oooh, there is...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)