Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] soldier wearing too much  (Read 974 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] soldier wearing too much
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:55 pm »

So I finally get the military system figured out and I give my militia commander some steel armor. Everything works, he runs up and grabs the correct armor and puts it on - everything seems to be fine so far. Then he runs off and grabs a copper axe - oops, I forgot to set the weapon up properly!

So, I set him to use a steel axe. He runs off, grabs a steel axe. I check his inventory... turns out he's still using the copper axe in the same hand.. and I didn't notice before but he's also still using the wooden training axe from earlier!

I guess that kind of made him flip out, because he does an individual drill for a moment, decides he does not have enough armor to go with his axes, then runs off to pick up some more random equipment. he's now using a total of:

3 axes, all in the same hand
Two steel shields in the other hand
Leather gloves under his steel gauntlets on both hands
Leather low boots under his Steel low boots
an iron cap under his steel helm
leather leggings under his steel greaves
Leather armor under his
Two steel chain vests, which is is wearing under
A steel breastplate
A pigtail cloak (not so bad, except I didn't tell him to wear any cloaks).

his equipment screen is set to wear ONLY:
Steel breastplate
Steel mail shirt (was checking if they could still wear them under plate like last version)
Steel greaves
Steel gauntlet
Steel low boot
Steel shield
Steel battle axe

Also if it matters, it's set to replace clothing and partial matches allowed.

I'm not sure how much of it is a bug and how much is intelligently layering armor. I'd have guessed uniforms made them wear only what you input, and some of it (3 axes, 2 shields, 2 mail shirts) is obviously not correct.

Edit: I've tried applying the same uniform to other dwarves, one got stuck in a pickup equipment loop. It looks like he was picking up a leather glove, putting it on, taking it off then storing it over and over. Another dwarf seemed to only grab half his steel armor (despite there being extra) and a few random pieces of leather armor and was content with that.

Also, some combat testing shows the dwarf with 3 axes is only using the topmost (training) axe in combat.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:10:11 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!