Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning jobs  (Read 425 times)

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning jobs
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »

Ive noticed that, especially with farm jobs, nobody wants to do the jobs even if they have no other job. It gets rather annoying when people are messing around when there's work to be done, taking them forever to notice the job. It would probably help if in the job screen, you could assign a job to an idler, that would help speed things up quite a bit.

capgamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »

Nobody answered this topic, so I'm going to go ahead:

You can actually already do that in a round-about way. If you press v and then highlight the lazy dwarf, you can press p to go to that dwarf's preferences. Then, press l and highlight/unhighlight what tasks you want the dwarf to do or not do.

f you kill a man''s daughter and throw her severed head at the man in a forest, and it breaks his lower body, does he give in to the pain?

Dryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:25:00 am »

I think he is refering to the fact that sometimes people, who have the right preferences, take ages to recognize the fact the there is a task.

Anyway, I think that this will be sorted out with upgrades to the AI. I don't like the idea of directly assigning dwarves to particular tasks and I don't think it is in the 'spirit' of DF to be able to control your dwarves on that level.

You come back from the mansions of sleep with your pockets full of silverware.

Boogey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 05:38:00 am »

In addition to AI job queue update, having ability to actually do something at your task queue would be awesome. Like promoting some task, demoting some and especially  filtering out suspended tasks.