Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Profiles  (Read 671 times)

PieMaster1134

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Embark Profiles
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:13:01 pm »

Share your embark profiles with everyone!

I personally suck at them.

powercat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark Profiles
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:35:55 pm »

Anyone wanna share a pretty generic embark profile for 0.31.01?
I have no idea what to start with!

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:03:08 pm »

well, i tend to bring two dwarves wioth novice miner and middle mason and stone detailing, one with competent in all metal working, one bone/stonecrafter, one farmer/cook/brewer, one carpenter/woodcutter, and one with misc skilkls who will be my broker.

as to items, i keep the default setup, but add a few more plump helmet spawn. also, I add 4 female dogs and 1 male dog, so i have a nice source of food in a few seasons
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Dendou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:32:28 pm »

well the new costs to items from embark makes embarking with an anvil and ores more frugal than ever.

So I embark with
Items: Iron anvil, 19 copper ore, 3 bauxite, 28 wood, 15 cave lobster (for mood shells), 15 mystery meat, standard amounts of ale, 2 female dogs, 1 male dog, no splints/crutches/or buckets

Dwarves: 2 proffesional miners, 1 proffesional armoursmith, 1 proffesional weaponsmith, 1 proffesional metalsmith, 1 proffesional grower, 1 proffesional teacher/swordsdwarf, 1 proffesional leader/accomplished judge of intent/competent appraiser, 1 mason/carpenter/woodcutter, and whatever else suits my fancy.

Those skills are not each individual dwarves, I just spread those skill levels out amongst my starting seven.

If you want to be even more stingy you could embark with only enough ore to make 1 axe and 1 pick and then chop/mine for the rest but that takes up too much time on startup for me.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »

Profile in spoiler to save room. I'm bummed I can't trade in an otherwise useless anvil for 333 logs. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:57:51 pm by random51 »

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:55:03 pm »

Two competent miners

An adequate woodcutter/carpenter

A competent mason/novice mechanic

An adequate grower/competent brewer

A competent stonecrafter

And a dwarf with novice/adequate medical skills  ;D

Then I keep the standard items, but add 2 female and 2 male dogs. Rest goes into random seeds or booze.