Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Useful info/management screens.  (Read 389 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Useful info/management screens.
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:18:00 pm »

These are a few overview screens I've been wishing I had lately, the sort of thing a noble might provide:

* Injury report.  Lists every injured dwarf in your fortress, and their injuries.  This could be sorted by severity of injury or by the time they were injured, maybe?  Slightly like the justice screen.  Could the game track what caused the injury and report it here, too?  Possibly the player could also use this screen to force dwarves to rest until healed.  Would be somewhat like the justice screen, but for injuries.

* Morale report.  Lists the most unhappy dwarves in the fortress sorted by how unhappy they are, and the primary reasons for unhappiness overall.  Lets you catch upset dwarves and address their concerns before they snap.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Useful info/management screens.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:23:00 pm »

I guess a lot of these things could default to the mayor or something.  You get a mayor when you're above 50 dwarves, when things are really getting confusing.  Unless some of the current nobles are re-styled, adding too many more would get sorta top heavy.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Yojinbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »

I like the idea of more reporting.  

* Gross earnings per dwarf per month (to monitor your econmy and look for dead spots).

* Housing sats.  Who slept in a bed for the last 4 sleep cycles, who slept in Thier own bed, and who slept on the floor  (could be used to find the stranded, housing shortages, etc)

* Accumulated Honors and Titles.  Lists ledgenary skills and other special stuff coming later

-Yo
When I start playing as Mules my "people" won't need beds at all!

[ September 07, 2006: Message edited by: Yojinbo ]

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »

Oh, yes.  That was another one I wanted...  a screen, somewhere, that shows how much cash each of your dwarves has on hand.  I often flip quickly through the dwarves to try and catch ones who aren't earning enough, but it can be tough.

...although, a morale report would probably catch them eventually, too.  Any maybe when the economy is improved this won't be necessary anymore...  players probably aren't supposed to have to worry about the salary of individual dwarves.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One