Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shao20x20 Version Tileset 1.2  (Read 1150 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Shao20x20 Version Tileset 1.2
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:56:12 pm »

I bring to you my 20x20 tileset. Thought 16x16 was a little small, so here ya go!

The actual set...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A picture of the title screen...

And of ingame...

I wanted to give credit where credit is due! From taking tiles from other people >.> If you don't want me to use your tiles, please let me know, I'll remove them.

Aesomatica
Redjack17
DrD_AVEL
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:13:17 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Shao20x20 (Having issues)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:32:47 pm »

Are you saving in the right format? note that .31.01 does not have the newer SDL code in yet so PNGs and such won't work

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Shao20x20 (Having issues)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:11 pm »

On my computer it is saved as a bmp, I'll try saving as a different file type again. I guess photobucket changes pics to jpgs?

-edit-

Alright so I figured out a fix...

I loaded up one of rantingrodents working tilesets... then I just copied mine over to his... The file size dropped from 400 to 300. I haven't the SLIGHTEST clue what is different. But it works for me now.

Anywho... any suggestions/whatever you want in a tileset, let me know. I'm going to change this thing around A LOT...

-edit-

Found out what the problem was, the bmp was being saved as a 32 bit bmp and it has to be saved as a 24 bit bmp.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:42:25 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Shao20x20 Version 1.1 (Looking for artists...)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

I know double post, shame on me... Bump...

Looking for artists to do a few 20x20 tiles for me... I'm not very good at it and I don't want to steal other tiles.

I would like to improve on the ground/smooth wall/rough wall/tree/plant tiles at this time.