Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pet limits.  (Read 407 times)

Cheezy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Pet limits.
« on: September 06, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »

Please, either allow drowning of young animals (like was practiced in ye olden days) by command, or limit pet adoption, 'cause my dwarves keep adopting obscene amounts of cats, then going into murderous frenzies when they start dropping like flies due to old age.

[ September 06, 2006: Message edited by: Cheezy ]

sawtooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet limits.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:57:00 pm »

Maybe Toady needs to add a pet cemetary option so that owners can go there and mourn every now and then...

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 08:53:00 pm »

Death by old age probably shouldn't cause as much unhappiness as other deaths...  they can say to themselves "Fluffy lived a long, happy life... in cat years."

Or something.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

TemplarAlberic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »

I know when my cat died of old age I ripped the arms off two people, beat a horse to death, and then destroyed a bridge with my barehands drowning two more people before the cops caught me. I really loved that cat.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 04:41:00 am »

I merely drowned myself.

Er, wait.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin