Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Items are fixed points in time and space  (Read 1024 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Items are fixed points in time and space
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »

Certain items on relcaim have become permanant, like a chunk of coal, a trumpet and others. Dwarves won't move 'em, won't dump 'em, and they won't build on top of them (like a chair), claiming that their path is blocked.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Items are fixed points in time and space
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:22:49 pm »

This may not be a bug.  Remember that all items on reclaim are forbidden. and you have to unforbid them before a dwarf will touch them in any way.  This is to prevent all dwarves from immediately running into the fort filled with monsters to retrieve all the various items.

Have you checked to see if the items are forbidden?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

Yes, of course. They have been claimed, forbiddened, reclaimed and recalimed again. I;ve also tried to ahve them dumped, un dumper and dumped again. 'Nuffin. No one'll touch 'em.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

Yeah this just happened to me as well.

Dumped a steel battle axe my on break carpenter was using because my wood cutter is still on a sick bed.
Nothing works on it now.

Time to make my third axe it seems

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:10:23 pm »

On reclaim, at least, this existed in 40d.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »

Where's Doctor Who when you need him.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:16:33 pm »

Ok more weirdness.
I just made another axe.

And suddenly a dwarf was able to pick up the bugged axe.

I know this because they are different quality. Had my miner make one since my weaponsmith/doctor was still trying to put the original woodcutter into traction.

On that note is it possible to cancel the jobs of dwarfs? The doc is already tired and thirsty.