Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Option to toggle use of foreign weapons/ignore equipment  (Read 1120 times)

Sankis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Option to toggle use of foreign weapons/ignore equipment
« on: September 06, 2006, 01:14:00 am »

I just got sieged by a fairly large group of goblins and trolls. I begin the process of locking up but my god damn soldiers keep running outside to attempt to pick up the fallen caravan axedwarf's equipment. Needless to say they get BUTCHERED. I know this could be solved by putting doors at my exits, but apparently a single rat corpse blocks it from closing.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Option to toggle use of foreign weapons/ignore equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:29:00 pm »

somewhat related... can someone explain what the option of permitting foreign weapons/armors do in the armor stand / weapon rack?

eg.. are foreign weapon/armor their own categories? or do you have to mix it with the other weapon/armor options?

Sankis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »

Foreign weapons appear with () around them as well as the normal status indicators (+, =, -, etc). Foreign weapons simply encompasses all weapons that were not made in your fortress. Everything you start with, for example, is a foreign weapon.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 12:49:00 am »

doh.. that's why nothing's being put in the stands/racks sometimes
---
bah.. had the wrong idea.. thought it works in a combo.. like enabling weapon type + permitting foreign weapons..

doesn't work that way...

[ September 09, 2006: Message edited by: bbb ]