Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clowns  (Read 821 times)

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Clowns
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:51 am »

I doubt it...but anyone run into the clowns yet? It just that honestly preping for the fight with the these, and the resulting chaos was one of the best times I had playing 40d, so I'm wondering how much they have been changed.
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Clowns
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:38:08 am »

Someone did. He went exploratory mining. And bottom fifty z-levels were full of tortured souls. Some upper bodies missing. And yes. FIFTY.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:47:10 am »

so I'm wondering how much they have been changed.
Basically just from 'dangerous' to 'insanely deadly'. Instead of small chamber, theres whole underworld STUFFED with them.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 05:51:22 am »

I've seen map images of the new HFS areas (or at least, what Blacken discovered of them) and their entrances look like. It's goddamn amazing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:04:43 am »

The day when someone legitimately cleanses the entire Underworld of Evil will be a proud one for all of dwarfkind. I have little faith in such a day ever coming.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:06:09 am »

Oh yea, been there, got killed by that. There pit is MASSIVE! Furthermore, I was embarked at a glacier and among the clowns were
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
therefor leaving me to believe that clowns will differ between bioms.

Level_8_Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:27:29 am »

I've found some of them. It's not just one type in an area and there are lots of them.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:44 am »

There's a WORLDGEN parameter that lets you control the number of types of clowns you get, which makes me think they're randomly generated like the Titans are.

Has anyone managed to try and dig thru the bottom rock stuff? For some reason the game wouldn't let me designate digging on the rock there, even after making stairs to it.