Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Units unwilling to give up?  (Read 1103 times)

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Units unwilling to give up?
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:00:34 pm »

I have noticed in that in general, units in combat are more likely to fight to death regardless of injuries rather then then the old system of one hit and they faint.  Right now I am fighting a farmer with a red head, skull, right arm, and a missing left hand, right foot, and left leg.  He also has Extreme pain, faint, and heavy breathing.

Regardless of all of this, he is still throwing punches at me and refusing to faint or die, has anyone else notice this?

Ethnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Units unwilling to give up?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:17 pm »

I had nearly-dead dog (all legs at least red, torn throat, etc.) chase a small creature. I don't know why the creature was running away (it was perfectly healthy after all) and I did find it amusing that the dog didn't give up. Something is amiss. ;)

That was in Fortress mode btw.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:59:49 am »

I went into arena mode and spawned 7 or so team-less goblins several Z-levels off the ground. One of them died on impact, the others crawled around with various grievous injuries, yet seemed to -REALLY- want to kill each other anyways...

They have mook syndrome, where no matter how many hundreds of their friends get slaughtered without dealing a scratch they feel that they can still take you down.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 01:23:40 am »

Well I found out that while fighting most units gain a temporary immortality until they actually stop fighting, which they then realize how much they got hurt and then faint.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:29:46 am »

ADRENALINE RUSH!!!

That's how I explain it.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:37:12 am »

I really wish my guys would give up.. they're just starving to death or dying of thirst while trying to choke an undead goat... Even when I disband their groups the civilians cling on for dear life (or death) and one by one fall to dehydration or starvation. :(

GAGA Extrem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:20:42 am »

Noticed that too - one of my dog just fought with 3 missing legs...
...and actually killed the a goblin...
Quote from: Spiegel Online
Madness has it's method in Dwarf Fortress [...] It is probably one of the most realistic computer games of the world[...]. It makes you laugh at the developers of all the modern shiny graphics games who try to create a "living world".