Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Burrow assignments persist in unrelated alert levels  (Read 2250 times)

Jumpp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a burrow defined, named "Lower Floor" and the area is one entire floor of my fort.

There are three alert levels.  The default "Inactive" and "Active/Training", plus one I added called "Danger."

I tried to set things up such that when I'm in "Inactive" or "Active/Training" mode, the civilians go about their business, but when I set the civ alert to "Danger" they all retreat to the lower level of the fort.

And so, on the "Military->Alerts" page, I can sift through the alert levels, seeing that, for instance:

"Inactive: no squads, no burrow restrictions"
"Active/Training: two squads, no burrow restrictions"
"Danger: no squads, 1 burrow"

When I scroll down to "Danger" and hit "enter", which I think will put my civilian alert at the "Danger" level, the CIV] indicator moves down to danger (suggesting to me that it's done what I think it's going to do) and the civilians assigned to the lower level burrow do indeed promptly and gratifyingly race down to the deeper level of the fort.

However, when I set the civ alert level back to Inactive, they remain down there and won't come back up.  I have to go to "edit burrows" and manually remove each dwarf from that burrow before they'll leave it again.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Burrow assignments persist in unrelated alert levels
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:03:42 am »

I had a related issue. I created a burrow that covered the main hall for my civilians at the first goblin ambush, and assigned the civilians to it. I then expanded the burrow to cover more of my underground safe area, so they'd be able to drink from more food stocks. The new areas WERE NOT picked up. However, NEW IMMIGRANTS, when they swapped into that alert mode, did.

WORSE, the dwarves assigned to the ORIGINAL burrow NEVER recognized "no restrictions", and also, did not recognize the new or expanded areas. But when swapped to OTHER alerts WITH burrows, they'd recognize those areas. To get around their path restriction issues, I created a new burrow covering all of outside, and assigned them to it plus all existing burrows. At that point, the ORIGINAL burrow members recognized all of the "editted" (expanded from original) bounds of the original burrow, as well as picking up the new burrows.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

ByDurinsBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:08:04 am »

Jumpp, you are mixing up alert level burrows and burrow assignments. They have nothing to do with each other. When you set an alert level with active burrow, it compels every civilian dwarf to move into that burrow. When you assign a dwarf to a burrow it means they will not leave the burrow under normal circumstances (fleeing an enemy, I suppose, can make them cross the border).

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »

Yep, I didn't assign any dwarfs to my ambush burrow, and it works fine.  All dwarves go there when the alert's activated, and return to their jobs after the alerts deactivated.

I didn't realize assigning dwarves to a burrow would make them stay there.  I foresee a lot of usefulness for them now.