Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New DF version Fortress: Zargoden "Outragerope"  (Read 635 times)

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New DF version Fortress: Zargoden "Outragerope"
« on: April 01, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »

And so here follows the log of the fortress Zargoden, who's founding struck the earth in the year 1051 for the glory of Queen Vulcar of Rovod Alis "The Arch of Kissing!"

Fortress founded with 7 dwarves present, 3 Stonesmiths, 1 Woodsmith, 1 Craftsmith, 1 foodsmith, and one Doctor/Negotiator/Expedition Leader, Dr. Floorgullies.

Area appears to have a light amount of trees, and the ground appears to be made of Sand. Deposits of Hematite and Limonite are at the valley Basin with a running stream. Priorities are as follows:
Dig out a small living space for us
Get some basic workshops up
Get some basic defenses up
Make faces at the passing lizardmen.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: New DF version Fortress: Zargoden "Outragerope"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:28:44 pm »

You'll need more detail to keep intrest, though the lizardman bit was fairly good. Welcome to the forums!(I get the feeling I'll be saying that alot more often...)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »

Well I'm sure things will ramp up. my last fortress was buried in Magma. After we fired the Magma cannon at sieging Orcs, a dwarf caught fire and decided he was the one to pull the level to close the magma gate, and instead destroyed the lever, meaning we could no longer close the gate, and the dwarves were too busy drinking to throw the killswitch to stop the magma pumps pumping magma into the compression chamber, and then when a burning dwarf wandered in there to get something to drink...
ALL BURNED.

Meanwhile Outragerope has been boring. Lots of iron ore, and Bauxite, and the Lizardmen left after staring at a war dog.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:24 pm »

Outragerope has fallen. It appears its overseer had to go do something called a job and left the game unpaused, and because his laptop was too feeble to run the newest version on an 8x8 map like he is used to he was experiencing massive lag anyway.

To make a long story short from what I could tell the Lizardmen came back and had dwarf for dinner.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:42 pm »

Well, that makes me feel better about only being three months into my first game.  At least nobody's died yet :P.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!