Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why aren't my dwarves disarming these goblins?  (Read 1271 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why aren't my dwarves disarming these goblins?
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »

I mass designated the cages the goblins were in, but the dwarves aren't taking their clothes. Ideas?
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why aren't my dwarves disarming these goblins?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »

Do you have a garbage dump?

Are they important goblins (leaders, guards, etc)?

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »

Do you have a garbage dump?

Are they important goblins (leaders, guards, etc)?
Respectively, yes and no.
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:38:23 pm »

Does designating a cage designate the items in it? I don't know!

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »

Does designating a cage designate the items in it? I don't know!
I used d-b-d and according to the wiki it works, it may have been because I only had 3 dwarves but I removed every job except refuse hauling and the bitch still didn't do it.

Mewchu11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:50:49 pm »

Assuming the cages are outside, did you remember to turn outdoor refuse hauling on?

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

Assuming the cages are outside, did you remember to turn outdoor refuse hauling on?
I did, and they aren't.

beekay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »

...does the cage have to be built before you can dump things from them? It's worth a shot, probably!

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 11:13:34 pm »

...does the cage have to be built before you can dump things from them? It's worth a shot, probably!
That didn't work either. The article on the wiki said to designate it from the stockpile (it wasn't in a stockpile but that can't be why it didn't work), and you can't designate built things for dumping. Thanks for trying though.

EDIT: Sorry for incomplete post.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 01:08:54 am »

This post here may have a clue:

Just as dwarves will not dump clothes and trinkets that are owned by other dwarves, they also will not dump clothes and trinkets that are owned by invaders. For some reason, randomly generated invaders aren't marked as owning their clothes, but ones that were created during worldgen (i.e. "guards", early weapon masters, Local Leaders, and captured dwarves/humans/elves) do own their trinkets (and possibly some of their clothes), so they won't get touched until the creature is killed.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:38 am »

This post here may have a clue:

Just as dwarves will not dump clothes and trinkets that are owned by other dwarves, they also will not dump clothes and trinkets that are owned by invaders. For some reason, randomly generated invaders aren't marked as owning their clothes, but ones that were created during worldgen (i.e. "guards", early weapon masters, Local Leaders, and captured dwarves/humans/elves) do own their trinkets (and possibly some of their clothes), so they won't get touched until the creature is killed.

We've already established they weren't guards or any of those things. Thanks for trying though.

ronnyfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 03:28:16 am »

Is any of it forbidden?
D-B-C over it, just to be sure =]