Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Literature  (Read 507 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Literature
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

Using plants like papyrs or using wood pulp to make paper and certain dyes to make ink or jsut chizeling into sone the dwarvesz should be able to record things liek maps, stocks, write books, and draw art... im not sure if this is already there but it would be interesting to be able to have a fortress library and depending on what books are there a mason could go and rad on his break and maybe gain experience from it and become better there could be books on war, metal working, smelting, woodcutting etc. they could be bought sold and created by dwarves every once in a while... not sure if its been mentioned or if its already planned but just suggesting
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Literature
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

1) Use search button.

2) Use dictionary, or

3) Use spellcheck.

This has been suggested quite a few times, and some very interesting points have been brought up in the resulting discussions.  It also doesn't help a presentation when the language used in presenting it is mangled to such a degree.  A little more thought put into writing can sell a point that would otherwise be ignored.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:03:00 am »

ideedly its like 12 in the morning im sorry for the bad spelling and such when i start typing fast that happens  :)
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:05:00 am »

Ah, yes, late night and early morning typing are not exactly highpoints of spelling and grammar.  I know that from a great deal of experience...

The main thing is just that this point really has been brought up quite a few times.  A quick search can bring you to one of the several threads centered around it.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:57:00 am »

That and it's all up in the dev notes and powergoals and overall is a pretty obvious thing to include in the game.