Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chemistry  (Read 902 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chemistry
« on: March 01, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

I dont know if poison has been suggested but it would add a nice touch fro mvenom of spiders somebody tamed, and you could add them to the farmer workshop under the milking task because otaining venom is actualy known as milking and maybe putting it into gas form with an achemest shp ahve it stored and realease it with bags of leather and can fill rooms it would work interestingly with the idea of 7/7 fresh air here :(http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002793) and you could have liek 3/7 toxic air once it gets to 4+/7 stuff dies in it.

or have the alchemy workshop turn it into acid as liquid have a trap where a goblin steps onto a hatch or plate and the whole room fills with acid and have walls that could be made of somthing immune to acid like platnium (just an example more research needed) and have the acid be neurtalized by water or a base like soap (adds use to soap)(and yes soap is a base) leaving salt and like 3/7 water meanwhile al lthe golbins once in the trap are disovled completly and theres nothing left at all no socks to pick up no corpses to burry and no armour your dwarves cant wear it'll be a nice trap accting like magma except theres more things that are undissovlable and you can make pumps orsotmhign to fill rooms with it and re-use it

sorry if this has already been posted

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: Chemistry
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:23:00 am »

Poison + arrows = instant super-overkill
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Well, poison doesn't have to be overkill if and when a detailed medical system comes out that the AI can use as well.

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

If you got hit by an arrow, you wouldn't live long enough to get killed by the poison.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

Depends where you're hit. Of course, this is assuming that arrows lose their magical ability to pierce both of your eyes, heart, left lung and right foot in one shot.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Unguided

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

What the alchemy workshop really needs is a command to process coal, sulphur and saltpeter into explosives.  Dwarf Catapulting is fun, but launching them out of a cannon would be awesome.

andris-berzins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »

something immune to acid like ... GLASS