Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No immigration  (Read 486 times)

Zwebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No immigration
« on: March 27, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

Will setting the population cap to 0, or 1, turn off immigration? And if so, will it allow the dwarves to have babies?

I am trying to have a fortress that consists of only the beginning seven, and their children.

EDIT: On second thought, this should probably go into the "Gameplay Questions" area.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:39:57 pm by Zwebie »
SYMMETRY!
 YOU! GROUND! I don't dig you 'till I figure out the absolute perfect thing to add to you. NEVER 'TILL THEN!
 You leader, you will be named after a god. YOUR POSITION IS RA, SUN GOD.
 I need a pit! I'm not even going to drop anything down it, I just want a pit! And no weaksauce 5x5 pits either, half the goddam mountain is gonna be an underground pit when I'm done.

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
Re: No immigration
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »

Setting it to 1 should stop immigrants, yes, and it wont have any effect on babies.

You may get 1 migrant per season anyway for the first year however, which is mostly a bug so far as I know. If you want to get rid of them, just draft them and have them stand somewhere unhealthy.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.