Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Notifications!  (Read 386 times)

Remliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Notifications!
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:54:00 am »

Hey guys, new DF player, really impressed with the work so far. Keep it up!

However, I'd like to say that there are a couple minor peeves. Some of them have been mentioned (The stone/ore in the stockpiles thing is a big one), and some others are in the bug report list and/or have been dealt with for the next version (Good work!)

So, I'd like to suggest that we gain granular control over what notifications are displayed. ESPECIALLY the 'X has changed the price of an item' one. We have no real control over the economy other than rent values (and indirectly at that!), so why would I need spam from 18+ nobles changing prices on random items by a few percent? And then there's what happens when I have my 2 Legendary Masons do a full room double engrave. Man, that's a lot of Masterpiece Engraving spam.  :D

So, if we could have some kind of menu where we could flag each notification type for display or not (Or even better, some kind of threshold), that would be totally awesome.

We who are about to dig, salute you!

Entropy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

i heartily agree on the nobles changing the prices.  it has negligible effect on the game but can spam up the notifications considerably.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:11:00 am »

Hi!

On the other hand, personally, I would love to see some "job finished" notifications. Sometimes, I have relatively low-priority constructions dependant on each other. Or there is the installation of mechanisms in flood gates for underground forests - not as pressing an issue as organizing food hauling and cooking and brewing, but still something you want to know when it is done.

So, it would be nice if tasks could be flagged to generate a success notification.

Deathworks