Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the parser format tag names?

Don't make any changes.
- 0 (0%)
Capital RAW names, lower-case XML names.
- 1 (33.3%)
Capital RAW names, leave XML names alone.
- 0 (0%)
Leave RAW names alone, lower-case XML names.
- 1 (33.3%)
Make both options toggle-able settings.
- 1 (33.3%)
Other - Please post...
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Convert Dwarf Fortress Raws to and from XML! (Update Mar. 18, 2010)  (Read 3533 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Convert Dwarf Fortress Raws to and from XML! (Update Mar. 18, 2010)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 08:58:21 pm »

Okay, there's some good news, some bad news, and some fairly ugly news...

The good news, I got my laptop back from my friends after a complicated series of Momocon (anime convention of sorts) related events.

The bad news, I probably won't be returning to my normal projects for a bit, as I'm supposed to have something hands-off (tech-demo or something...) to show off at graduation, and I only have a little over a month to get something awesome put together...

The ugly, my computer seems to be really glitchy... not sure if it's something about being left in the car for too long, a virus (I'll run a scan tonight...) or what, but the screen is flickering black a lot... I can still use it (obviously), but it's a pain, so I won't likely get a lot done until I get it fixed.  (It seems to only happen when something tries to refresh... happened just now when my Facebook chat updated...)

That being said, I should be able to get the patched version up in just a moment :)
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Convert Dwarf Fortress Raws to and from XML! (Update Mar. 18, 2010)
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:24 am »

My appologies for the double post, but the character limit on the PS3 text input is preventing me from adding anything to the previous post.

The update is finally up, the links on the google code page, and the original post have both been updated, as has the SVN repository.  Took me a little longer than I expected, due to a last minute bug-fix, some more trouble with my laptop (found several trojans in the scan, but removing them seems to have only made it worse... gonna try some other things, but I'm not really sure what to do at this point...) coupled with some strife between my friends... anyways, I may be absent (or mostly absent) for a little while.  If anyone wants to try and pick this up, feel free, I think I made the repository open to other commiters, and if I didn't, e-mail me, and I'll try to get on another computer to add you.  I should be returning soon-ish, but I make no guarentees.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.
Pages: 1 [2]