Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ooh damn, i won't sleep tonight(post-embark shock).  (Read 1531 times)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ooh damn, i won't sleep tonight(post-embark shock).
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »

Do you have Hidden Fun Stuff, flux, a bottomless pit, or underground water features? If not, I'm going to have to be contrary to Piecewise and simply saw Awesome Dwarf Party Resort.
None of above. Not sure about flux(upd: i've just read http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Flux , interesting)

Hidden Fun Stuff
lol, how could it be related?

If you don't like microcline remove it from the RAWs.
nah..it would be too easy...well..maybe it is good idea..uh.

hard choice - magma pipe + river(NO carps) + LOTS of green terrain, or that terrain that i presented before..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:05:50 pm by xoen »

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

Note that orthoclase and microcline are quite common minerals in real life, so it's reasonable to find them everywhere.  They're just not usually such an eye-blasting shade of blue or yellow (which I suspect is part of what drives the hate, besides the sheer repetition of "You have struck Microcline!" messages).
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 10:44:06 pm »

Don't look up hidden fun stuff, you'll take away the hidden, and the fun, in fact, if you do find it, it'll just be stuff.  You wouldn't want that would you?  :P
Anyway if you want to find some (I recommend) in the init options where it tells what to show you in embark change OtherStuff (Or maybe HFS, I forgot which) to ALWAYS instead of FINDER, you can do that for chasms, bottomless pits, cave river/pools and magma pipes/pools if your looking for something on the embark map rather then using finder.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »

I had Finder set everywhere(everything was set as in pack).. But did not use finder at all. to be honest i was just looking for some trees and some z-level variosity only.
Pure luck. And reason of that childish excitement..

thx clc02 for explanation, i understand sonerohi's post now.

eye-blasting shade of blue
That's the reason of my odium.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:10:31 pm by xoen »
Pages: 1 [2]