Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary miner has strange mood  (Read 1416 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary miner has strange mood
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »

Hey guys!

My legendary miner, one my my original seven dwarves, just hit a strange mood!

If he completes his artifact, how high will his skill levels become? Will he become some sort of double-legendary mountain-destroying paragon of dwarfiness?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary miner has strange mood
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »

I don't think mining is a moodable skill.

If he has no other skills, you're probably going to see him take over a craftsdwarf's workshop, and he'll get some other kind of skill, like stonecarver up to legendary.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:51 pm »

Mining is a semi-moodable skill. While Weaponsmiths make weapons, and Farmers random Wood/Bone/Stonecrafting, Miners and Engravers go for either Masonry or Stonecrafting only.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:26:40 pm »

Miners going moody do get miner experience, whatever they may make. Though they cant go futher than 4 levels above legendary. (Here the first legandary  is usualy called 'legendary +1' and the last one 'legendary +5')

They still get some stat bonuses from the experience, so if they gain some agility, they will mine and walk faster.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 07:28:29 pm »

He'll receive 20.000 xp, which will increase his skill (if he already wasn't) to Legendary +5. This has no effect on miningVerify, but for skills that create things (carpenter, mason, any smith...) there's an increased chance of masterpieces. However, his increased experience points still result in (most likely) a couple of attribute gains. The notation stops at Ultra-mighty, Perfectly Agile and Superdwarvenly tough, but their effects keep on increasing.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »

Technically, doesn't Agility stop having a meaning after 10 increases?  According to what's on the wiki, it doesn't multiply the base speed by .9^n where n is the number of levels you have gained, it just outright subtracts 10% of your speed.  After ten levels, your dwarf is at 0 speed.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »

Depends if it's cumulative(2 agility is 20%) or compounding(1st agility is 10% and the 2nd takes 10% of that). The wiki page shows it as compounding.

Oh, and why does the link labeled "Melancholy" on that page go to Strange Moods? It'd make more sense if it pointed to Insanity.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.