Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ...traders not wanting to trade?  (Read 794 times)

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
...traders not wanting to trade?
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

...I've just had my first halfling caravan, and the second/third dwarf caravan. Both of which make it inside the depot with no problems, no attacks, not even a kobold sneaking in. I receive no announcments of significant events. When I go to view the depot to see if the traders are ready to trade their useful booze and such, I find that "there are no merchants trading right now". To the best of my knowledge at this time, neither the halflings or the dwarves are at war with each other. No one seems to have attacked anyone. So why are they packing up and leaving right after they arrive, with no gains to them?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: ...traders not wanting to trade?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:19 pm »

If any merchant happens to die, the entire caravan will refuse to trade.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »

..that seems to have been the case, as I've just found the rotting remains of 2 traders and their goods outside my fort entrance. Annoying though. Wonder what killed them? Aren't any orcs around at the moment, kobolds are no threat, and none of the wild animals or fire imps are named..
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:50:19 pm »

It was probably a wild animal... they don't get names necessarily when they kill a random merchant, they may need a few more kills... and the animals in question may have been slaughtered by the caravan guards, in any case.

You might want to set out some cage traps for wild animals.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare