Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Effect of Breeding Animals  (Read 559 times)

MechanicalPirate

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Effect of Breeding Animals
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:55:30 am »

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to mod all creatures in the game (that should be able to) to be able to reproduce.

What sort of effect does this have on gameplay?
Does every single fort end up covered in millions of animals, or is it relatively under control?
Is it possible to mod in hunting behavior for animals, to keep the number of them down if they are out of control (eg, lions hunt deer/gazelle)?

Sorry if this has already been posted; I tried a quick search and didn't find much on it.

Thanks in advance to all.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Effect of Breeding Animals
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:33:35 pm »

Most animals can reproduce - if they can't, it's probably an oversight.

They can get a bit out of control at times, although it's mostly with animals that don't migrate - lake, or chasm creatures, for example. Best bet is to thin out their numbers.

Cave creatures tend to attack wild animals (in Adventure mode at least). It might be the likes_fighting tag, or it might be some hardcoded behaviour due to them being cave/chasm monsters, I haven't tested sorry.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »

You should have more GCS, and whether that is good or bad is up to you. Dragons and other Mega-beasts can't by something about Megabeast tag.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:32:54 pm »

You should have more GCS, and whether that is good or bad is up to you. Dragons and other Mega-beasts can't by something about Megabeast tag.

So GCS don't breed normally?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:43:13 pm »

here's a silly idea but try turning both GCS into cats (with dwarf comp.) wait a season or 2 and turn them back(save on each change so you wont have a giant cave spider with a tail and whiskers or a cat with eight legs and taste of flymen) see if that works. that got me a  (L) female demon wrestler.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes