Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lavish Meals for your Unrefined Heels. Submit your highest priced meal.  (Read 3153 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Lavish Meals for your Unrefined Heels. Submit your highest priced meal.
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 03:43:34 am »

Depends on how you like to play.  Sure, you could call bugs natural... and some people like to harness/exploit them.  I think that ruins the fun of the game.  The point of this thread was to explore how to make extravagant meals within normal mechanisms of the game.  Sorry I didnt state that right away.

I don't call them really "natural". I call them "I don't care". This is bug which is completely unimportant to me, and has no impact on fun whatsoever. To the extent that I consider it a normal mechanism, just assumed it works that way because dwarves are sometimes weird, so they sometimes make exquisite food. And making rich meals which have only four ingredients is rather simple: restrict all ingredients with low value, then choose these meals which are not planepacked (and most will be normal) and that's it.

/I have made two-ingredient meal only once in my life, a couple years back, and have never made 3-ingredient meal, so for me only Lavish Meals exist/

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 01:09:30 pm »

Oh duh, DT can give an expanded view of peoples food preferences.  Enable the preferences tab, sort by category.  Quinoa beer tops the list... what a bunch of hipster dorfs.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:46 am »

Too bad demon meat doesn't have a multiplier. Also, if I really wanted to, I could slaughter some of my rocs and make them into roasts.
Clown stew! C':

Does it taste a bit... funny? ;)
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!
Pages: 1 [2]