Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Up and Running?  (Read 2204 times)

wags747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lazy Newb Pack Up and Running?
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »

Hi I am a lazy newb. Can a really cool dwarf get it up and running for me? For the new Version!!!!

=)

wags747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Up and Running?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

For the new version!!!!!!!

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »

you may want to wait until enough utilities and graphics sets are updated to the new version before you start asking. 

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:57:33 am »

At this time, we have quite some utilities running. Pheobus, Mayday and Ironhand are up to date as far as I've seen, and most importantly, Therapist is working again (aside migration wave issue, which is a minor annoyance really). Personally, I don't see the need for LNP to get those basic things working. Soundsense is also quite easy to get running.

I'd say there is only need for the LNP when other utilities are working, like stonesense, DFHack, etc.

If you want to install it manually, it's fairly easy.
Most of the tilesets provide you with a pre-installed version. Which means you download a version of DF with said tileset already installed. (go to the forum and look up your favorite tileset, then download it).
Tileset done.
Run dwarf fortress once. Close.
Download soundsense. Extract it somewhere, the run it. It will prompt you to find the gamelog.txt file which is in your DF folder. Easy so far, isn't it?
Soundsense done.
Therapist is even easier. Download it and extract it to your main DF folder. Run it. Done.

Start DF, Soundsense and Therapist and you're good to go.
Really, not that hard. It's probably best doing it manually, as LNP might still be missing for a while, unless the other utilities are fixed really fast.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:20 am »

Here are the links:
Phobeus or Ironhand or Mayday
Dwarf Therapist
Sound Sense

Finally, Patching exe to use above 2GB RAM

Dfhack is not up to date now.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

wags747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »

Thanks guys!

Ineffectual Egg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:26:01 pm »

Thank you Based God, I could not play this game without Dwarf Therapist, now it's time for an evil forest!
Forgive the dwarves. Their mothers always drink while pregnant. Strange moods are caused by the damaged and repressed parts of their brains reactivating, revealing some of their real potential.
Truth is, even after momma lifted a lead wine barrel over her head and chugged it while pregnant and then went to wrestling practice downwind of a copper smelter, dwarves are still smarter than you.

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:12 am »

Here are the links:
Phobeus or Ironhand or Mayday
Dwarf Therapist
Sound Sense

Finally, Patching exe to use above 2GB RAM

Dfhack is not up to date now.

Thanks a bunch for this! Super helpful and easy for us lazynewbs :P