Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show animals?  (Read 396 times)

TheCIASentMe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Show animals?
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:21:00 am »

I'd like to see more trainable types. Couple of ideas would be:

Show-animals: If you assigned them to a person they could improve the entertain or joke social skills. Or they could be assigned to a rope to improve the attitudes of passersby.

Medical-animals: A general category for animals that would help the wounded. Monkeys or animals with hands could fetch water and food, dogs could provide sight and movement assistance for those who have lost legs.

Pack-animals: Haul stuff? Retrievers. Or maybe if assigned to a farmer they'd improve farm plot returns. An item spawning from this idea would be saddle bags.

Power generators: This would require a building but being able to use a mule, for example, to generate power by having them turn a wheel.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I did a search of the forums and nothing matching this was returned.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Show animals?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:06:00 am »

I like.  It would also provide more chances to train the 'animal training' skill.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

Nice, but Medical and Show Animals seems a bit too far to me.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

I'd be happy if dwarves would fetch food and water, let alone the animals!

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

sounds good
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine