Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: feature request: Item state "zoning" : multi-i  (Read 440 times)

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
feature request: Item state "zoning" : multi-i
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »

Item state "zoning" : multi-item dump/reclaim/forbid

There are times when you want to set the dump/reclaim/forbid status for either
a) all objects in square
b) all objects in a region.

I think a new feature like one-time designation (select dump/claim/forbid) and let the user select a region and have the state applied to all items within selected region.

What will now be much easier:
1. clearing a newly excavated area of rocks and reclaming them at the garbage dump so that they can be used.

Benefits:
Reduce risk of rsi for having do do the same thing to hundreds of objects one by one and let users concentrate on having fun!

Costs:
Should be simple simulation wise as it is not a new action, but more costs may go into hooking it up to the UI.  But I couldn't find a suitable group.  Designations is for well task-ordering, zoning and stockpile are also semi-permanent "buildings".  Doesn't seem to have a similar category of one time flag setting.
Actual costs depends on implementation.

Possible Extensions:
1. Slaughter animals?

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: feature request: Item state "zoning" : multi-i
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 04:40:00 am »

There is already a [d]esignate->forbid/reclaim function, so a dump function shouldn't be too hard to implement. This would be nice for cleaning out those long corridors.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.