Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raise the pipe to Armok  (Read 712 times)

Dendou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raise the pipe to Armok
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:37:27 pm »

So I am in the midst of a megaproject to build my fort inside a magma pipe.  But it's not just enough for me to use  the tiny bit of pipe I already have, I am expanding it up into the sky.  I have named my fortress "Redlantern, the spire of fire"  and have made some mods (glass fort mod so I can make the whole thing out of glass, and I made it so I can make crystal glass with any gem [including raw green glass] so I can do it all in crystal glass [it's just very labour intensive], and fire imps are trainable[fits with a magma pipe fort])

Thusfar things have gone well, I have 63 dorfs, 6Z levels, a 9Z level spiral staircase, a magma glass factory, a trade depot, an office for my broker/leader/stockkeeper, and very basic housing.

Minor problem now, I drained out my pipe a bit and started building down...and I can't use crystal glass blocks.  I have plenty in stockpiles, they can't all be tasked, I am producing more.  What is going on.

And to repay you for having read this rant, here is a picture of my broker's office (directly above the depot)

Also, what happens if a dorf gets a job to "check chest" and the chest in question is made of glass?

and my workshops with a spiral stair

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raise the pipe to Armok
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:59:39 pm »

Try not to make it look like a giant penis, would you kindly?

Jokes aside, that is AWESOME.

Words can't even describe it.

Except...

Dwarfy.

Yes, that fits it perfectly.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »

Well, it could be your dwarves can't reach it, don't know any other reasons.

forbidden is also a probability, are they forbidden?

No other ideas though.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:55:11 am »

Yes, most likely, you either have somehow scheduled every one of those blocks for use in some heavy building project, or you have somehow cut off access to your warehouses.

(I recently chopped off access to my countess's quarters by mistake when I hit (z) - remove up stairs and ramps to cut away the ramps surrounding the natural rock spire I hollowed out for her living quarters, and took out the inner stairwell by mistake)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare