Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Kitchen Rules  (Read 1551 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: My Kitchen Rules
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 12:27:04 am »

I think it should be made that meals need to be kept in a barrel that's at least as good as the meal is.

So masterpiece lavish meals would need masterpiece barrels.  :P

Why not just make it so meals go bad a lot more quickly than raw ingredients?  I mean you typically don't keep dozens of fully prepared meals in your pantry/fridge in real life.
In real life we don't have access to the same food preservation magic present in stockpiles and, presumably, used by caravans.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 01:34:37 am »

Syrup roasts. Just... syrup roasts. You can buy out your first caravan with a few of these. Far superior to Booze roasts. Although I like to nerf underground farming through modding, so it's been largely irrelevant to my last couple forts.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 02:10:43 am »

Goblin clothes is all you need. I just bought almost everything from dwarven caravan, about 200000 dwarfbucks total, without even touching the narrow GCS silk stuff. So with the silk stuff I am able to buy next 5 caravans like that.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 04:00:54 am »

I just atom smash that stuff.  I won't dirty my hands with stupid goblin garments.
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 04:52:47 am »

Eh, I don't trade food, what I do trade those is cloth crafts made by my one legendary clothier, which is made from cloth which has been made from thread by my legendary weaver and dyed by my legendary dyer and decorated by my other legendary clothier also from cloth which has been made by my legendary weaver and dyed by my legendary dyer.  :D  The things are worth a 1000 dwarfbucks minimum and I have thousands of them. And this is only if I don't use GCS silk.
Pages: 1 [2]