Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding attacks.  (Read 752 times)

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
Adding attacks.
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:27:32 am »

Hello all. I have been trying to mod in badgers as pets and it has gone perfectly so far except for one thing. I want them to have a slash attack using it's front left and front right hand (similar to an elephants tusk attacks) but I don't know how to get it to work. I have searched the wiki and these forums and come up short.

Here is the tag I have [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:RIGHT FRONT LEG:claw:claws:1:6:SLASH]

I don't think I did it right. Can someone please help me?
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Adding attacks.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:10 am »

BYTOKEN <--- Uses a certain token, like HEAD or THOUGHT. You want to use BYTYPE here.
RIGHT FRONT LEG <--- Your body part should be written like RIGHT_FRONT_LEG

Apart from that, it's fine. You could just use "BYTOKEN:STANCE" for it to attack with any leg to claw.

EDIT: To clarify, if you wanted your badger to attack with it's foot (and any claws attached), change your thing to say:
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:STANCE:claw:claws:1:6:SLASH]
and if you want it to also say "with it's right foot/left foot" and stuff like that, add [ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:28:56 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:38 am »

And, of course, there's no RIGHT_FRONT_LEG. The attack is made with the foot, so it's probably the RH token (quadrupeds still have humanoid tokens IIRC, so it's the "right hand" token you'll use).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »

Thanks, got it working! ;D
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:50:45 pm »

Hey! Another badger fan.

I gave mine the standard stance attack that was mentioned above, but you can give them
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if you'd rather they attacked with their front paws only. That's for a bear, actually, so you might want to change "cuff" to "rake" or "slash"

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:51:15 pm »

Thanks, I will use that one!

Go badgers!