Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kitchen Menu & Seed Shortages  (Read 2259 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchen Menu & Seed Shortages
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 08:30:38 am »

Use burrow : half the farm for booze, half the farm for cooking, in the intersection of the two burrow the seed stockpile, and separate burrow for the plant destined to food and booze.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »

Hm. So far I never ever hit magma. It's my one failing I really have to work on. So it's usually fuel I'm running out of. Especially since making barrels takes up so much metal per piece :'(

Is... Is this 40d? Because in 31.xx everything only takes one bar of metal to make and magma is on every map unless turned off in worldgen params.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »

My expansion patterns are a little flat. I usually go vertically deep towards the caverns relatively quickly, but then mine out horizontally before going deeper.

And I always managed to embark in low volcanism areas  :'(
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 06:29:56 pm »

You have not dug deep or greedily enough!  Keep on digging theres a couple cavern layers (Though if your lucky/unlucky (On your view) you can miss some) Just keep digging down till you hit the living stone.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 08:42:41 pm »

Look underneath the third cavern layer down.

DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma seaburningminer...

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:35 pm »

With my new 31.10 fortress, I'm actually having trouble finding mere water...and let's see whether I can somehow get the bat-people in the caverns to let me through  :o
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »

Or in one case for me it was DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma sea, you have discovered Fun, look at the pretty birdies - why, they're all on firewhere's a mason RIGHT NOW ...

You know how sometimes mountains and meadows get placed so that there is a perfectly straight line separating the biomes?  It can happen down there, too.  I had magma falls into open holes where most people have slade.  I kept hoping the magma sea would fill the Fun place, but it never did.

There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 08:41:33 pm »

I've never, ever had a burning miner from discovering the magma, in 2d or 3d or 2010.

What am I doing wrong?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:43 pm »

Or in one case for me it was DigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigdigYou have discovered a great magma sea, you have discovered Fun, look at the pretty birdies - why, they're all on firewhere's a mason RIGHT NOW ...

You know how sometimes mountains and meadows get placed so that there is a perfectly straight line separating the biomes?  It can happen down there, too.  I had magma falls into open holes where most people have slade.  I kept hoping the magma sea would fill the Fun place, but it never did.

Could you send me a stonesense screenshot of that? My computer needs a background.

And Funtown didn't fill because of the huge holes in the landscape.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 09:44:35 pm »

Well, crrrrap. I didn't even get to test the forbidden stockpile system, because my dwarves refuse to haul food. They just won't do it.

I've got two large, accessible stockpiles; one for plants and seeds, one for all other foods. And my dwarves won't haul the damned food. The plants are rotting away on the fields, the meat clutters my butcheries and sends miasma flying everywhere...

Help me out, oh Fortressmongers! What might the cause to this be?

Pages: 1 [2]