Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finally got dig deeper to work...  (Read 1202 times)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got dig deeper to work...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 01:36:22 am »

I've got to try Dig Deeper after I finish my kiloproject, but I honestly doubt anything it may throw at me will survive my usual crossbow bolt in the back of the temple.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 01:41:37 am »

Yeah, orcs will rape you. They're bigger and meaner than your dwarves, [BUILDING_DESTROYER:1], [trAPAVOID], and attack very early; I think it took me three or four forts before I managed to survive to the elven caravan. So, make sure your defenses are prepared for orcs by autumn at the latest and that you have at least a bridge to keep the orcs at bay with, and preferably a DAS. Personally, I took [trAPAVOID] off and went back to my usual method of lots of cage traps.

Also, turnips, radishes, onions, cauliflower and cabbages are less useful than muck root and hide root; most other plants, though, are quite useful, especially corn, tomatoes, linseed, and any non-hide root dyes.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:08 am »

I always play with orcs. Makes it somewhat worthwhile to build interesting defenses.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Ravenplucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 03:40:12 am »

repeating wooden spikes saved my ass in that game, for steel is no match for wood spikes and a chalk lever!

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:19 pm »

well, got a few orc seiges. 4 hunters turned crossbow dwarves managed to destroy them with the help of careful bridge management before the bow orcs got close enough to take a shot. losses were a few dwarves outside fishing or hunting to trainup crossbow skill
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.
Pages: 1 [2]