Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25240 times)

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2010, 06:21:01 am »

Yet another post from me.

First off, anybody can pull levers, they don't need mechanics to pull, just to build them.
Secondly, I suggest that next ambush/invasion you just set the lever on repeat, it will just keep opening and closing, dumping goblins into the magma. Bonus points if you make an automatic repeater using fluid logic(See wiki).

The iron they drop on death by magma can't be reclaimed like that, but there are a few ways you can make minor changes to the system to make them retrievable, I won't suggest any since I have a tendency to overengineer everything.

You can more reliably trap goblins on the bridge and close the door behind them, use a bridge that gets raised as a 1x3 door, or use floodgates you can open/close with a lever. Niether of these can be taken like doors and are remote controlled. I suggest you make the 3x1 line of floodgates up there, just because it's easy to make and its a good mental image to have floodgates open into a magmatrap.

Editing for M&B:
Sparring practice on the training field will train your army, it's just not mentioned that it does.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:38:55 am by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2010, 01:32:16 pm »

Has this thread continued somewhere else? Livestream this weekend. :D

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2010, 09:58:49 pm »

Oh this thread and the adventure mode LP it relates to are on hold until DF2010, then, I will bump it!  Until then, we've got ... organs and ... stuff to discuss!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2010, 06:44:54 am »

Since this has been bumped again.(Didn't want to do a triple post)

My dwarf died in the fortress mode let's play, but if that wasn't a dwarven death, I don't know what is. Killed by goblins and then given a magma burial that also burned his killers. I'm sure he would be proud of whoever pulled that lever.

Anyway, I hope having the mayor and one of the original 7 die doesn't get you a tantrum spiral, and I guess it hasn't if there's no problem by now. If there's another free dwarf or you run out of names, I'd like to request an XSI II(Preferably a military dwarf with axe or spear, maybe a marksdwarf if you want to resort to cowardly shooting things from a distance). And I'd recommend you fill the pit under the Gravitron with magma, because everything is better with magma.
Also, arena fights are a bit less spectacular when there enemy has been caged before that, they will be in running away mode, which let's dwarves always have the first hit, and they will only retaliate and try to run, unless wrestled.

Too bad I missed the stream, but I'm sure there will be more, still enjoying all your videos.

And for LCS, if you recruit a dog, I'd like the dog to be named after me, since I've always wondered what stats dogs have, might be something unexpected like the prositute with 5.00 skill in flamethrower I found in my game. Where can you get flamethrowers anyway?

For M&B, I'd like to suggest you switch the party member's dresses every now and then, maybe a nice pink one would look good on Marnid.
Edit: and if you're going to keep fighting khergits, get more riding skill, it will make you go faster. Athletics is for movement speed without horse, and athletics 10 on a barely naked character makes him/her go as fast as a slow horse.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:12:50 am by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]