Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fort Ideas  (Read 1244 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Ideas
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 10:58:32 am »

is there some 3d view? its hard to work with a 2d picture

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:50 am »

Well, i've just had one.

I'll build Menzoberranzan, or at least something similar.
Multi-story dug-out caverns, leaving some spires from the top and bottom intact to place workshops, bedrooms etc in. obviously i'll start out with a self-sufficient microfortress; later i may or may not include it into the trapped underground passages leading to my new fortress (I'll try to build a labyrinth with pressure plates opening/closing floodgates)

Little to no trade with the outer world.
Underground Rivers to provide water and fuel, possibly Fun and Magma too (i'm very bad at finding/digging to underground features in any case). I'll probably want some Flux too. Sand?

The next release will make all the digging obsolete if caverns work out nicely, but meh. I want to play NOW.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:30:01 am by Lord Snow »

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »

Well, i've just had one.

I'll build Menzoberranzan, or at least something similar.
Multi-story dug-out caverns, leaving some spires from the top and bottom intact to place workshops, bedrooms etc in. obviously i'll start out with a self-sufficient microfortress; later i may or may not include it into the trapped underground passages leading to my new fortress (I'll try to build a labyrinth with pressure plates opening/closing floodgates)

Little to no trade with the outer world.
Underground Rivers to provide water and fuel, possibly Fun and Magma too (i'm very bad at finding/digging to underground features in any case). I'll probably want some Flux too. Sand?

The next release will make all the digging obsolete if caverns work out nicely, but meh. I want to play NOW.

Bonus points for modding in those weird things, I forget what they were, the spider-hybrids or whatever... Also for making dark elves the playable race and making them permanently at war with elves. EVEN MORE for building elaborate torture chambers and whatnot. Also create it all in obsidian. And if you are REALLY dedicated, savescum until every engraving features spiders :D
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

jugglervr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:51 pm »

is there some 3d view? its hard to work with a 2d picture
err, crap. you're right of course.
there used to be a 3d viewer that would allow flythroughs of dungeons...

there's also a fairly decent picture of what it looks like inside in this vid (2x speed and avoiding most fights):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mIkmIdpEW4

I suppose I could walk it and take screenshots every few yards, but only if someone's really interested in making it.
Pages: 1 [2]