Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Questions  (Read 614 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Three Questions
« on: March 10, 2010, 11:15:33 am »

1) Can someone recommend some mods for making Adventure Mode more Fun? I have the orc mod, dire animals mod, and I made 3 goblin civilisations as it was needed for an awesome worldgen.

2) What would making three goblin civs actually do? Just make there 3x more goblins? Would they war with each other?

3) If I have a mod without a graphic tileset, is there a program that lets me set it up to use an existing or new graphic?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:17:34 am by Huggz »
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Three Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

I don't have any answers or suggestions for questions 1 or three, being a person who doesn't use graphics and uses my own mods, but I do have an answer for question 2. If you had three goblins civs it would mean that if you were trading with them you would have three civs show up to trade and it would also mean that it could be possible for civs to be at war with more than one at a time, so more sieges. As for the warring with each other, this would be technically possible, but since they would have the same ethics and leader type they would be much more likely to become allies.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:21:01 am »

Goblins are [BABYSNATCHER]s, so I think they're continuously at war with everybody. Three civs would give you three times as many goblins to slaughter, though.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:30:46 am »

So sieges three times a year? If so, ima make like 20 civs for constant attacks :D
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.