Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarves not following order  (Read 346 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksdwarves not following order
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:55:16 pm »

this is not the first time i've had this problem.. so anyway on this fort my first siege just came... so i got to work making sure none of my civis go outside then station all my marksdwarves behind my fortifications and put them on duty.. but instead of going to where i want them to, my marksdwarves go somewhere completely different and refuse to move to where they're stationed at... anyone know what i should do?
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarves not following order
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:12:23 pm »

if they are in one squad they follow their leader. if the leader decides to eat/sleep/drink at the moment of the siege they will follow him instead of defending you.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »

i know but 2 of my (ex) squad leaders decide that even when they weren't doing anything and on duty they would stand in some random place... it wasn't a problem once i made someone else squad leader but it's still annoying that those 2 won't follow orders...
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:58:44 pm »

They were likely trying to rush the enemy but couldn't find a path.  Set them to stay close to station and ensure the battle is over before they start to dehydrate. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...