Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No caravan = no immagration?  (Read 487 times)

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
No caravan = no immagration?
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:10 am »

It seems that in my zeal for changing things I have taken out the use of pack animals from my civ. I am almost certain that this is why I haven't seen a caravan in 4 years. This isn't much of a problem except I also haven't seen a single immigrant in four years.

I am tired of playing with just seven kobolds, and my question to the fine people of these forums is: "will I ever get immigrants without a caravan?".

I have 65,000 dwarfbucks shiny rocks net worth (Gods bless those kobolds but they try) and so far haven't seen a single siege or any outsider besides the bi-annual liason from koboldville central asking me what I want from his non-existent caravans. So far nothing has gone wrong that would scare these guys away, and I have over 600 elephant tallow/meat prepared meals just sitting there, not to mention enough weapons/armor for an army of 45, two barracks that are 4 levels high each and can hold 80 military between the two of them (with archery ranges on the top for 20 archers) and housing for another 80 all set up with beds/chests/cabinets.

(Guess whos hunter is already legendary 15+5 marks with [SLOWLEARNER] from plugging mortally wounded elephants with at least 40 bone arrows while they lie dying)
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: No caravan = no immagration?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:28:34 am »

Try to get at least 100k in wealth, then check. I am pretty sure that you should get immigrants from your parent civ no matter what.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
Re: No caravan = no immagration?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:06:32 am »

Okay, thanks Deon.  I guess it seems like a long time because by this time in a dwarven fortress I would be at 3-5+ million worth with ~500k exported.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons