Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NEW NOBLES REALESED ON WIKI!!!!!  (Read 4426 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NEW NOBLES REALESED ON WIKI!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 06:02:23 am »

"Chief medical dwarf to the bridge..."
hehe...
More victims!
I'm a doctor Jim, not an Animal Dissector.

Slaves to Roddenberry: God of Sci-Fi Nerds, Chapter II: Trek Fortress.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 06:14:57 am »

Its a shame "Chief Medical Dwarf" wasn't called something more fitting, like "Chief Surgeon."

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 08:43:00 am »

Its a shame "Chief Medical Dwarf" wasn't called something more fitting, like "Chief Surgeon."

An easy thing to mod, by the look of the RAWs, just like I'll be having a Quartermaster rather than an Arsenal Dwarf.

There are a lot of interesting implications in there, and I already have some ideas. It just depends on how things work out. Mayors, for example, have the 'Elected' tag, which presumably can be removed so that they are no longer elected. If so, what's the method for replacing one when if one dies? I'm curious as to how that would work out.

Related to that, it seems that you can mod in your own nobles, so it might be fun to mod in Fortress Favourite as an Elected position. I don't know how the first one would be chosen, but it could be a title passed around each year, with no duties or requirements, just conferring an immunity to the economy and to punishments. Has potential, especially since elections seem to be largely based on friends, thus your most idle dwarf is the most likely to pick this one up.

My biggest question would be about the appointment of landed nobility. Although Toady has said that we'd be able to appoint them - which I assume also means that we can depose them whenever we want to - according to this page, they are appointed by the monarch, which strongly suggests that we can't actually choose our own until a monarch arrives. Until then, who knows.

Funstuff.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 02:08:44 pm »

An easy thing to mod, by the look of the RAWs, just like I'll be having a Quartermaster rather than an Arsenal Dwarf.

There are a lot of interesting implications in there, and I already have some ideas. It just depends on how things work out. Mayors, for example, have the 'Elected' tag, which presumably can be removed so that they are no longer elected. If so, what's the method for replacing one when if one dies? I'm curious as to how that would work out.

Related to that, it seems that you can mod in your own nobles, so it might be fun to mod in Fortress Favourite as an Elected position. I don't know how the first one would be chosen, but it could be a title passed around each year, with no duties or requirements, just conferring an immunity to the economy and to punishments. Has potential, especially since elections seem to be largely based on friends, thus your most idle dwarf is the most likely to pick this one up.

My biggest question would be about the appointment of landed nobility. Although Toady has said that we'd be able to appoint them - which I assume also means that we can depose them whenever we want to - according to this page, they are appointed by the monarch, which strongly suggests that we can't actually choose our own until a monarch arrives. Until then, who knows.

Funstuff.

I agree with the comments about the arsenal dwarf, in the FotF thread, I had commented on how something like a Quartermaster or Armory Seargant would have sounded better than arsenal dwarf. But yea, we can just rename it easily.

@Travellersside: The fortress favorite sounds basically like the Mayor anyway.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »

The only ironic thing here is that your most useful dwarf is likely to be made baron, in which case he becomes lazy and stops working!

I plan on refusing to appoint a baron (I do think I remember a devlog saying you can do that and no nobles will come) - because really, there isn't any plus to my dwarves for letting nobles in.

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 04:40:23 pm »

I plan on refusing to appoint a baron (I do think I remember a devlog saying you can do that and no nobles will come) - because really, there isn't any plus to my dwarves for letting nobles in.

Roleplaying and extra challenge (a.k.a. fun).  ;)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 05:41:39 pm »

I saw about 4 new nobles, the rest are just nobles being put under player control.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 05:45:17 pm »

This DF2010 name is catching on pretty quickly eh?  ;D

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »

I wanna mod my own nobles!!!  ;D  How many more months till DF2010, been waiting since Christmas! Donate people!
I like sushi.
Pages: 1 [2]