Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Masons will not use kaolinite to build walls.  (Read 1882 times)

kaluer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40d] Masons will not use kaolinite to build walls.
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:58 pm »

Hi all,  I just started getting into DF and ran into a weird bug.  My masons will not use kaolinite at all.

I wanted to build a red gate at the front of my fortress but the stone doesn't even show up in the list of stone to choose from.

The stone is not forbidden or being dumbed.

All that I am using is Mayday's tileset and I have Dwarf Therapist and Stonesense running while I play.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: [40d] Masons will not use kaolinite to build walls.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:17:59 am »

*sigh*

The "Mayday tileset" is more than a tileset - it also includes the Economic Stones Mod, which makes all stones "economic" by default and thus unavailable for use by your masons.

Go to Z-Stones and enable Kaolinite (as well as every other non-Ore you want to use).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

kaluer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Masons will not use kaolinite to build walls.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:40:44 am »

*sigh*

The "Mayday tileset" is more than a tileset - it also includes the Economic Stones Mod, which makes all stones "economic" by default and thus unavailable for use by your masons.

Go to Z-Stones and enable Kaolinite (as well as every other non-Ore you want to use).

Where do I find Z-Stones to enable my stones?  (Sorry about being a bit noobish)

Edit:  I got it thanks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:43:32 am by kaluer »