Author Topic: Boats!  (Read 1783 times)

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
Re: Boats!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 08:35:24 am »

How about sailing boats down your underground river?  Having an artifact stockpile only accessible by booby-trapped dwarf boats?
You, sir (or ma'm), are not a dwarf.

Dwarves hide stockpiles by draining the river, digging a treasure chamber into its side, sealing it shut with a steel door, for then to reflood, hiding the chamber from prying eyes :) .
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:33 am »

You fool! If you go out into the water, you're just making it easier for the fish to feed on their favorite prey: Dwarf beards.
Nay sir, if boats are added to the game, I will use them only to dispose of goblins. A true dwarf should be under the mountain (or in a large and overly elaborate palace), not a leaky, creaky boat!

How about sailing boats down your underground river?  Having an artifact stockpile only accessible by booby-trapped dwarf boats?

How about taking Adamantine boats out on magma?  :p
You have to admit, Cypress, that the latter thing is extremely dwarven. ^^
True
Very true.
Still, it lacks something, but I can't put my finger on it

☼Adamantine Battle Axes☼ as rudders?

☼<<☼Highwood elf cage☼>>☼ (menacing with spikes of elf bone) as an anchor

Just make it into a Dorfilus (bad pun about nautilus intended)
Dont forget the Magma cannon(s)!

Dendou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:48:11 pm »

Quote from: Afthartos on Today at 07:01:09 AM
Quote from: caknuck on February 28, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: Dwarf on February 28, 2010, 07:28:35 PM
Quote from: Cypress on February 28, 2010, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: MC Dirty on February 28, 2010, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Don Blake on February 28, 2010, 06:59:06 PM
Quote from: Cypress on February 28, 2010, 06:55:55 PM
You fool! If you go out into the water, you're just making it easier for the fish to feed on their favorite prey: Dwarf beards.
Nay sir, if boats are added to the game, I will use them only to dispose of goblins. A true dwarf should be under the mountain (or in a large and overly elaborate palace), not a leaky, creaky boat!

How about taking Adamantine boats out on magma?  :p

You have to admit, Cypress, that the latter thing is extremely dwarven. ^^

True
Very true.
Still, it lacks something, but I can't put my finger on it

☼Adamantine Battle Axes☼ as rudders?

☼<<☼Highwood elf cage☼>>☼ (menacing with spikes of elf bone) as an anchor

Just make it into a Dorfilus (bad pun about nautilus intended)

Dont forget the Magma cannon(s)!
Or you could just put your mountain on a boat, all problems solved

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 08:33:40 pm »

This is a mental image.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is a picture of a boat, in magma, with a whole mountain on top.  Inside the mountain is a completely self contained functioning fort.  on top of the mountain is a forest where elves live until they are captured by their dwarven masters (we needed a food source). 

This is all in a snow globe, which is on another boat, in the magma, being sailed by armok.  The blood god is laughing.  It menaces with spikes of awesome.
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.
Pages: 1 [2]