Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assign rooms to positions, not people  (Read 584 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Assign rooms to positions, not people
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

It would be nice if we could assign a given room to a noble position, instead of to a specific person.  A dwarf might rent a room...When he gets elected mayor, he suddenly takes possession of the bedroom/office/dining room that you assigned to the mayor position, and decides he doesn't need that bedroom any more (possibly).  When someone else gets elected, they automagically take over those rooms, and the first dwarf goes back to renting.

Or even ignore that whole renting thing.  It'd just be nice to make sure your manager always has an office, without having to shift things around...plus, you could assign your baron's room before he arrives.

Interface very similar to the current assignment.  Add another menu for assigning to position instead of person.  Have a list of all possible nobles that you could attract.  (Or, I guess, you could restrict it to all nobles you currently have or could create at that instant.)  Sheriff->Captain translation is automatic.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assign rooms to positions, not people
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »

Good idea, but some things would still need to be assigned of course. Maybe.

Speeeedy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assign rooms to positions, not people
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:43:00 am »

Great idea.  Even something like "mark for nobility Y/N" would be helpful.  When set to yes, only dwarfs with a room requirement can claim them.