Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen in Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 909 times)

Pathos

Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen in Dwarf Fortress?
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:35:38 am »

For me, it is this: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-24

Hell, that's one of the funniest things I've EVER seen.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen in Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:07:48 am »

lol... bolts everywhere. Looks like a tantrum.

A recent bit of hillarity I had was one of my reclaim parties. I was reclaiming a fortress that was infested with clowns, and as such reclaims tend to lead to a few casulties here and there I brought some extra booze.

Turns out the ringleader was right next to my wagon!

And with him being firey and all I soon had my biggest and most disastrous booze-plosion ever. Could stop laughing as soon as I realised what the big red cloud was. I soon just saw a huge smoke cloud of 70 burning dwarves, accompanied by the... flashiest unit list I ever saw. I got the clumbled-to-end message pretty soon, but at least the ringleader died too.

Its a pity though that my screenshot decided to be a big black rectangle instead of a screenshot.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen in Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »

I had an awsome replica of a 2D fortress going, but I lost the fortress to thirsty, stupid brewers (read: Oh look! A River! Munch!). When I reclaimed however, there was 13 Unit List pages full of UG river and Chasm creatures.

There was blood. And Ichor. Mostly blood.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.