Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about filling tunnels with webs!  (Read 610 times)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about filling tunnels with webs!
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:34:02 am »

So I made some a new civ using that arachnid race example on the dwarf fortress wiki. I managed to get them to have jobs and even build tunnels where large quantities of them live. But those tunnels seem kinda... empty. I gave them the ability to make webs and was hoping they would fill (or at least cover some parts of) the tunnels with it... but they didn't. So my question is, is there a way to make their tunnels fill with their webs?
Thanks in advance^^

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about filling tunnels with webs!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:48:30 pm »

No, I don't think so.  Can you make vermin pets?  If so, you could give them spider-vermin pets and the spiders might put silk around their tunnels.  Not very much, though.  In Fortress mode, the player could eventually coat the Fort in web tapestries, using decorated ropes woven from your follower's silk, but the computer won't do this on its own.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:43:46 pm »

I see... I'll try to give them spider pets, then. If the vermin ones don't work, maybe the large cave spiders will. Thanks for the help!

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 10:57:07 pm »

vermin can be made pets, only if they're made available from the (z)status screen on the animal menu AND usually only if there's some sort of preference for the vermin (I've never seen a dwarf adopt an animal they didn't have a preference for).  They will carry the pet around with them in their inventory, and I'm not sure if that will affect their web-spinning (the vermin's).
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:15:59 am »

GCS and anything not vermin sprays web while fighting , nothing else

i belive a code that makes a vermin [NOHATE] must be used if you wan't to attach the CSs , like the code in fluffy wamblers