Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40D16] Heavy Dwarven Drinks  (Read 1260 times)

Adsadafafas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40D16] Heavy Dwarven Drinks
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:10:37 am »

I've started DF several times now and noticed several dwarves move extremely slow when moving some of the Ale barrels.  I checked the weight and noticed several of the barrels weigh exactly 1,436,486 wus.  Each barrel contained only 3 rations of ale.  That's some powerfully hard liquor - something like 66 years of ale in a single ration!  However, I also have several other barrels that contain the same amount and only weigh 59 wus.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40D16] Heavy Dwarven Drinks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:12:48 am »

What are the barrels made out of? And what type of booze is it, made out of which type of plant?

Try to be specific, since the specific materials might matter here.

Also, has your game been modded in any way?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Adsadafafas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:24 am »

Each one says: "This a dwarven ale barrel (wooden)".  That is the barrel from the initial embark screen.  I'm using Mike Mayday's mod and a modified version of his graphics.  (Graphics wouldn't affect this issue would it?)  I've also got the dendrology and angler mod installed.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:26 am »

Check your normal-weight barrels. They should say what kind of wood the barrel is made of. I suspect your problem is that you've somehow got hold of wood with a badly-defined raw that doesn't include a name (hence, "wooden") or weight information; the default weights for materials tend to be ludicrously heavy.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:20:44 am »

Yep, the Dendrology Mod adds a bunch of trees.  It doesn't look like any of them have missing names, though.  I'm guessing the OP added/removed mods improperly, or transferred the save between DF installs with different mods.

Since this is definitely a modding problem, not a bug, I recommend that you move this thread to the Modding forum (thread controls are in the lower left).  You're more likely to get useful help there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:23:03 am by Footkerchief »

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:15 pm »

Oddly enough, for some reason it is not always JUST material specific.

I modded in liches into my game, for example.  This was fine, and they left the usual bones when killed.  Everything made of lich bones worked just fine.  Except bolts.  If anyone ever made lich bone bolts, the weights were absurd.  It could take a good 10 minutes for the unfortunate hauler to drag them slowly to the above-chasm bridge to make sure that my archers never grabbed them, because the detriment to their speed would render them impotent for the duration of any battle.

So sometimes you just get the right material-item combo...

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:54:33 pm »

Just think, though -- any enemy that got a bolt stuck in him would be crippled!
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:19:23 pm »

Heh... sounds like the bolt shouldn't go very far or that is one high-powered crossbow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 11:46:28 pm »

armour peircing arrows
Glowing pit peircing arrows
Im lazy and don't want to think of anything else.
I assume attacks don't take into acount the wieght, sharpness, and velocity of the weapon's strike.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."